Am I Crazy?

I'll probably get a big resounding YES on this one but here goes anyway. I was "dating" ( I used the term losely) this guy for a few months, then he tells me that he's not wanting a seriousl realationship right now. Ok, so thats fine I can respect that but we keep in touch about twice a week and still see each other about twice a month. I do want a realtionship, I'm ready for one, I know what I want out of a realtionship. Here's the thing...I'm 30 years old, I've been married, I've had boyfriends...I have never EVER felt this way about anyone. I'm level headed, smart, and I keep my feet on the ground. I don't do things on a whim...but I swear from the moment I laid eyes on this man I knew I was going to fall in love with him. Now I just imagine him changing his mind and showing up at my door and telling me he feels the same way. Am I crazy for wanting that? I'm afraid that if this goes wrong then I'm going to be sour on love.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds like an infatuation. There are lots of women out there who wanted a relationship, the guy didn't, and she never got her relationship because she was focused on this one guy and ignored those who would have liked a relationship. The guy has been up front with you, and he's had time to change as he has gotten to know you better, but he still doesn't want a relationship. Whether it is the forbidden fruit thing or what, it doesn't sound hopeful for you. I wish I could have been more encouraging.

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• He has just sat a challenge into your lap. That alone is a great attraction. But rarely does a friend with benefits ever go beyond that. So what you see as a challenge, consciously or unconsciously, is in fact him telling you it is what it is. Take it or leave it.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• honey to me it sounds like he's got other women on his mind as well. I THINK HE MIGHT BE DATING OTHER PEOPLE AS WELL.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2009