Help! Need a Remedy for Hemorrhoids that Really Works.

I've had severe hemorrhoids with bleeding and severe itching and pain for about a month now. It even wakes me up in the middle of the night and I feel like I am going mad... I've gone through almost two tubes of extra-strength Preparation H and a container of Tucs...

Things just seem to be getting worse. Are there any natural remedies out there or suggestions that my doctor hasn't already mentioned?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Health

• I have had them for years and really, there is nothing. The cream, the pads, eating more fuits and veggies, maybe a laxitive, ( go easy on the laxitives b/c diareah can be horrible on hemmies) that is about it, besides surgery of course, but I have heard from a Dr that that is worse than just dealing with the hemmies.

But I would also suggest the suppositories too, they are stronger than the cream and seem to help control the symptoms, also sitting in a warm bath with Epsom salt can sooth them.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• have you dried to put hot water in a bugget with camomile?
    just sit on it for a while. that should make it less itchy an d iritated. it won;t help if you just do it ones. but do it as often as you can. keep it clean but don't rub with paper or wipes a lot. it will make it worse. if you can take a shower instead, do that but don't take soap.
    also go to the bathroom as soon as you feel the urge. don't delay because if you do, you might have a sort of constipation as a result. which make them worse. also don't push when you go to the bathroom.
    try to have less acid in your diet by not drinking soda, juices, citrus fruits and beer and wine. caffeine is not good either, so limit coffe.
    make sure you eat enough fiber so your stool is soft. when your stool is to hard then you oush more and then they come out more and get iritated.
    A High Fiber Diet helps to form soft, bulky stools. A doctor or dietitian can help plan an appropr
    emilyanja

Answer by emilyanja at 9:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• appropriate diet. High-fiber foods include beans; whole grains and bran cereals; fresh fruits; and vegetables such as asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and carrots. For people prone to constipation, limiting foods that have little or no fiber such as ice cream, cheese, meat, and processed foods is also important.
    Other changes that can help treat and prevent constipation include drinking enough water and other liquids such as fruit and vegetable juices and clear soup, engaging in daily exercise, and reserving enough time to have a bowel movement. In addition, the urge to have a bowel movement should not be ignored.
    Keep the Anus Dry
    A moist anal area is prone to irritation and infection of the skin. Sprinkle the anus with cornstarch or baby powder to absorb any moisture. A large cotton fluff, torn from a commercially available “roll of cotton,” should be placed between the buttocks to absorb excessive moisture.
    emilyanja

Answer by emilyanja at 9:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Wow. Thank you for all this information. The only thing is that I do eat a high fiber diet and am rarely constipated. The opposite happens in fact :(

But thank you for all this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• A physician should evaluate excessive moisture, especially if it is tinged with blood.
    Topical Ointments and Creams
    A coating of petroleum jelly, and some commercially available “diaper rash” creams and ointments can be applied directly to the anal area to soothe irritated skin surfaces. Skin surfaces that are cracked and dry, will immediately feel improvement. Also, applying lubrication to the anal passage with an ointment just prior to a bowel movement can help alleviate pain caused by the passage of a hard or difficult stool.

for more infos... check this side http://www.hemorrhoid.net/medication.php

good luck
    emilyanja

Answer by emilyanja at 9:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• The opposite happens in fact

That might be the problem, diarrhea or loose poop makes the hemmies even more irritated. Maybe try some meds to firm up your poop.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009