Can we call him the Bystander In Chief?

At a News conference tuesday Obama critcized what was going on in Iran. he stopped short of condemning the stolen election. His limited criticism of the Iranian regime took place a week after the leaders of Canada, France and Germany issued stronger ones. It was prompted, said Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times, by Sen. John McCain's "angry Senate Neda speech Monday" which made it politically difficult for Mr. Obama to continue to sit on the fence.
He leaves open his invite to the fourth of July celebrations to iranina officals and says no amount of bloodshed can prevent his from talks with the regime. Obamas 129 present votes should make it clear he is a follower rather than a leader. Has he been informed that he can NOT vote present as the President?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Please Carpy get your facts straight. They did cancel the invitation to the 4th July celebrations last week.

I did not vote for him ,but your anti-Obama staff is getting old ! One thing is debate issues  but when you start to make up stuff you lose your credibility.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes they did cancel it. Its called damage control. he left it open at the time.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Can we call him the Bystander In Chief

Sure! BIC for short.  Can I flick that BIC?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You need to recheck, they cancelled it after an apology was demanded, it wasn't damage control. It was a response. We shouldn't get involved in Iran, we aren't the world police.

And they, they picked on Bush so I can pick on Obama stick is just getting old and tired. You must be very bitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It is your right, but I don't believe that this is the way it is going down.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• And they, they picked on Bush so I can pick on Obama stick is just getting old and tired. You must be very bitter.

I dont recall any such comment. They cancelled because of damage control. He spoke out in the first place, FINALLY because of damage control.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• That is your opinion that was fed to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well hello spinny spin, spin...

On top of everything else, we are expected to speak first, act first, and be the police of the whole word. Is uh, that in the Constitution anywhere?
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• And BITTER?? YES I AM. I am bitter because I see our rights stripped, our corporations fall under the control of the people who are responsible for messing them up to begin with. I am bitter from seeing a massive spending bill passed UNREAD under the guise of stimulus, when it was nothing but massive pork and a huge failure at that. I am bitter to see the biggest tax increase in history pass the house without even being read. And it is nothing more that control of the masses under the scam of Global waming. It is something that will crush our economy. I am bitter from seeing our president go on a World wide apology tour telling the world that the most giving nation in history is selfish among other things. So YES BITTER I AM. Its a shame so many people fought and died to see the country come to this.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• And I see it a shame that you are so blinded by pundit opinion that you cannot see that there are better things going on. You are only contributing to the problem by causing further division.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2009