Hair loss

Did anyone else start to lose their hair after having a baby? How many months was you baby when you started to lose it? How much did you lose? When did it start to come back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, I've lost my hair after my baby was born and hes now 9 months. Its still falling out. Everytime I take a shower globs of hair come out. I think its hormones or something. i hope all of my hair doesnt fall out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I started loosing a little hair around the time my baby was 3 months, she is now 5, and it is starting to slow down now. I have been breastfeeding, you don't say in your post if you are, but I know that it could have something to do with that. My doctor told me that it is the baby taking all the nutrients from your body through the milk, and that's why some women loose their hair. It's pretty common, I think.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 11:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2009