can you tell if you're dilated w/o the doctor checking you? any signs to look for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• anon, 9:42, i was thinking the same thing. Why make a comment like it doesn't matter. I have always wondered your question. I personally just feelmore comfortable knowing if i am dialted or not. Weather or not it means anything or not. It just eases my mind to know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• The way I knew I was dilating was I couldn't sit straight down on my but. I had to sit on a angle.. Come to find out that I was 5 cm dilated by the time I went to the doctor to see what was up.

Answer by louise2 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don't know but it doesn't matter if you are dilated or not. I don't get checked at all during pregnancy and with my last i didn't get checked at all (not even during labor), the checks are useless and being dilated or not is not an indication of when labor will start at all.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i didn't ask for a smart ass comment like "it dosen't matter" maybe to you it dosen't but to me it does so keep your bitchiness to yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2009