Will visits to see the Doctor decrease now that we know that the government has the final say on our medical care?

Government has medical procedures to be followed by Doctors when preventing, prescribing, treating patients.
Doctors have their hands tight when it comes to suggest the best care sort to speak?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The private insurance companies prevented me from getting affordable insurance for the last eight years, now I might be able to afford care through government plans that I can pay for, like MN. care. Here in florida , insurance is big business, no state tax.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Health Care is a Business!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• "We know that health care is crippling businesses and making us less competitive, as well as breaking the banks of families all across America -- and part of the reason is we've got the most inefficient health care system imaginable,” Obama said. “We’re still using paper. We’re still filing things in triplicate. Nurses can’t read the prescriptions that doctors have written out. Why wouldn’t we want to put that on an electronic medical record that will reduce error rates, reduce our long-term cost of health care, and create jobs right now?” President Obama

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• "Doctors have their hands tight when it comes to suggest the best care sort to speak?"

This line is confusing.

Doctors have their hands tied now anyway because of private insurance companies. I'll admit the gov't having control is worse than insurance companies, but doctors have not been in control in ages. Few doctors have the ability to provide the absolute best care for their patients anymore. My doctor always asks what insurance I have before prescribing anything or ordering a test. She does that because the insurance company dictates what drugs I can have and what lab my blood test can go to and where I can have other tests like x-rays, etc.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We’re still using paper. We’re still filing things in triplicate. Nurses can’t read the prescriptions that doctors have written out.

This statement just show how out of touch Obama really is. There are many, many providers that are already using EMR and even more who are already in the process of converting. He just wants to take credit for something that is already happening without his stupid interference. And most nurses can read their docs writing because they've worked with them long enough to understand them. They also ask the doc for clarification. If Obama meant to say pharmacists can't read the scrips... well most of them are very good at interpreting those things and they will call the office for clarification if they cannot read it. Obama thinks he knows so much, but whenever he opens his mouth he reveals how little he really knows.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• OP--
    Has the government managed national plan passed?! LOL where have I been?! Until THAT (unfortunate) day happens, everything remains as it has been.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• The drs office I go to use EMR already. Shows how out of touch Obama really is.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You should call doctors, they already have their hands tied by HMO's and the insurance lobby.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I WISH the military hospitals would switch to EMR. I've yet to go to a doctor or hosptial that uses it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• you want to try posting that again in English? your question makes no sense . . .
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2009