toddler wall color??

We're moving our son into his new room soon and I'm eager to take down the classic pooh border that is still up along with the babyish blue that once was awesome...its in his bathroom too, but the blue can stay there. I was curious for other toddler moms, what color is their bedroom? I'd like to stay away from the typical neutral but have no idea where to begin. ideas?

m4m4

Asked by m4m4 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd's walls are white but the trim is a bright pink, and in my baby boy's room the walls are white & the trim is a bright green
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• When my boys moved from the nursery (baby yellow with "Over The Moon" theme) to the current bedrooms when they turned 2, I decided to select a color and theme that would "grow" with them--at least until the teen years, as I didn't want to have to keep changing their rooms...but I can always change border paper and decor!

So I painted my now 7 year old son's room a dark barn red, and went with a vintage sports theme--including antique accessories--pennants, posters, old sports equipment on the walls, distressed shelves, an old school locker for special storage of his sports uniforms, etc.

I then painted my now 5 year old son's room a dark hunter green, and went with a vintage train theme--even had my husband build a special shelf around the top 18 inches of his bedroom wall and installed a remote controlled train set and used a mountain scene border paper as the backdrop! So cool! They both LOVE their rooms! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think a teal blue would be cute.
    Keisha0806

Answer by Keisha0806 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well for Darbs we have that bright pink that you've seen pics of.... Paige has had 2 diff shades of lilac..... and William has had blue and now he has red walls... Do you have any ideas for bedding?
    JBrummer

Answer by JBrummer at 12:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i'm in the process of looking at bedding too, figured it would be better to move rooms first then change his bed over....didnt wanna throw him off too much too quick.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• we've decided on thomas bedding...he's crazy about "choo choos" and "thonas" (yes sp, but thats how he says it)....guess its up to my decorating skills to come up with the rest. thanks for the ideas ladies :)
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i did my ds's room in thomas, he has white walls with the thomas border across the top, some red shelves with thomas and james trains and a few posters with thomas.
    Anonymous

• We did wyatt's "baby" room in a way that he could grow into. There is chari rail like 3 ft up, below it is dark/ navy blue and above it is white. The theme for his room is trucks, his crib/ nursery set and an infant was heavy equip and trucks, and we will keep that for a while. that way all of his boy toys accent it! lol :D
    luvs708

Answer by luvs708 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2009