if a husband has time foe his friends but not for his wife and kids a good reason for a divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• No.

Pretty much exactly what the poster above me said... you don't just divorce right away. You talk to each other, maybe get counseling... work through the problem.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No, If you have exhausted all of your resources in trying to see what the problem is than yes. But if you haven't worked on it, you should give it a try. How are things at home? Is there a problem or do you think that he is just being immature? There are a lot of things to think about. There is notdoubt that what he is doing is wrong, but the question is why is he doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes,, it is a good reason..Sound to me like he does not want to be married.

Answer by louise2 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No, but it's a good reason for counseling to ensure that both your needs are met. He has needs to be around men he can relate to. You have needs for him to be around you and your children. Find ways to meet both needs and not consider one more important than the other.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well you have to look at the whole picture. How long has this been going on? Have you tried to talk to him about it? In my opinion, if you are not happy in a marriage and you don't see your future anymore with this person, you really have to think about your other options. You are the only one who can determine if that's a good enough reason because you are the only one going through it, and if you're miserable, do you want to stay that way. I know it's complicated, but I was in an unhappy marriage, and I've been separated for almost 3 years now, and going through a divorce, and I am much happier than I ever was, if that helps any. Of course it takes time and patience, but if it's really what you want, you will get there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No, unless your marriage vows were conditional. If you promised for better or for worse till death do us part, then no, not getting enough attention is not a good reason for divorce...its just selfishness.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• For me no. Divorce is traumatic for children and it breaks up a family. When I took my vows I meant them. I would think you could do some counseling to help. It concerns me that you need to ask a bunch of strangers on a message board about if you should get a divorce. Ask your husband, it would be a good place to start. Communication the backbone of every relationship for me. Good luck.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You know the one thing that drives me nuts is all these people that think divorce is so Traumatic for the kids. I am a child of a divorced family and I can tell you right now It was way better off they divorce than stay together. The "Traumatic" part was sitting having to watch my parents constently fight. So yes if you have tried to talk to your husband and he still refuses to spend family time, perhaps you should go. It's going to escalate if he isn't willing to put in his part of the marriage. You can't make a marriage work on your own.
    Anonymous