How long do you have to be in the Waiting list until they call you for an interview?

I have been in the waiting list for Public Housing but they haven't called me or sent me a letter about getting in interview and I was wondering if anybody knows How long does it take for public housing to call you for an interview?

silver_04

Asked by silver_04 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• IDK. But i remember last year we applied for it and they said it would take up to 10 years. I dont want to scare you. But i guess it depends on your situation. I think some people can get it right away. Good luck though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'm sorry I wish I knew. I'm pretty sure that most people are on those lists for years before they get a chance at housing. But idk how long they wait for an interview. I don't know much about the process. Just that it's usually a very, very long wait.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I bet it is a lot longer right now because of the economy. Best of luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don't know first hand, but I imagine it has to do with the size unit you are looking for. If you only need a one bedroom or studio, you're probably going to get in faster than a larger family with more dependents looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom unit?

If you need a place NOW, why not ask a friend or family member if they would consider sharing a place with you and splitting expenses with (even if they also have children), and find a nicer apartment. You might be surprised at what you can afford when you split expenses with someone else!

There are also services that match you with people looking for roommates in your area. Try this site: http://www.roommates.com/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It can be years depending on your situation.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Call and ask. Whatever the waiting time there is a chance that your paperwork was not filed or fell behind someone's desk. Make sure you are on the list and check back every few months.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2009