What's the Difference Between Booking an Airline Ticket Through the Airline Website or a Travel Website?

Not sure which to go through... The prices are the same.

Thanks!

Dlp11494

Asked by Dlp11494 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Travel

• If the prices are the same I would go through the airline. That way if there are any issues it is easier to deal with at the time.

For instance if you book with a travel agency and there is a problem but you are at the airport you might have to go to a phone and call the travel agency to work out any issues . . . you wouldn't just be able to deal with it at the airline counter.

Just a thought. If the travel agency was cheaper I of course would go with them. ;-)
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 10:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Some travel websites have a block of seating arrangements and certain dates for "discount" tickets, however, just watch out for extra fees they put into it. I started to noticed them and do not used them. I stick with airlines for me.
    lalisweet1

Answer by lalisweet1 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would go with travel agent. They know best how to save some money for you. We did save like more then $ 2000 with our trip to Europe last year.
    Anonymous

• I would look at websites like priceline or travelocity first to see which airlines seem to be the lowest. Then you can just go to the airlines website to purchase tickets. I know when I was looking for tickets last month I used travelocity and found out US Airways and Delta had the cheapest tickets, then I went to Deltas website and found I could get the ticket for $5 less than the travelocity site, so I got it there.......hey $5 is $5!!! lol
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009