Making the switch to Milk

Just wondering if anyone had any advice or could tell me how they are or did make the change from formula to milk....even tho I have an older son I totally have forgotten what I did lol

JessicaNichole

Asked by JessicaNichole at 10:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• kind of "ween" them into it 8ozs here 8ozs there and then when you know theyre able to tolerate it switch and use vitamin drops.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I did it by mixing 6oz of formula with 2oz of milk for a week, then 4oz/4oz for a week then 2oz/6oz for a week then it has been all 8oz of milk. He just had his yearly visit a little late and my doctor said that method was fine and she did not prescribe or advise any vitamins even tho I asked.
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 11:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We followed our pediatrician's advice: 2oz milk mixed with 4oz formula, then transitioned to 4oz milk mixed with 2oz formula, and then just milk. We did this over a 1 month period with no problems. Good luck :)
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We dumped the formula out of his sippy cup, filled it with milk and gave it to him. No mixing, just switched. Our pediatrician said there is no reason to mix it and do it slowly.

And no vitamins because they have balanced diets.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009