what do you think of the belief that having a lot of morning sickness means you are going to have a girl ? Was it true in your case?

During my first one, I had horrible morning sickness upto 16 weeks and lost 8 pounds due to constant throwing up, I did have a girl - coincidence? could be. I know its just a belief but has it come true in your case?
I am 8 weeks pregnant with my second and have just mild nausea, and just like every mom does, I am playing the guess the gender game... being fully aware its a 50-50 chance. so just curious to know what were your experiences?

SweKrish

Asked by SweKrish at 10:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. My first was a boy, and I was sick the whole pregnancy. My second was also a boy, but I was only sick the first three months.

Answer by Bmat at 10:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i have a girl and didn't throw up at all just mild nausea.. had horrid heartburn too yet she barely had hair lol
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Nope, horrible morning sickness each time and every one came out a boy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i never threw up once, and i had a girl.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I had morning sickness the whole nine months. I couldn't even keep water down at one point and had to be put on meds. I lost 25 pounds. It was a boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i had morning sickness with my daughter & it wasn't too bad, this time around i was sick for almost 4 months & lost 10lbs & it's a boy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I never got sick. Kinda felt like I was going to but then I would nibble on something and be fine, and I'm having a girl.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I had horrible morning sickness the first 3 months, lost 10 lbs and had a girl. But every other myth like carrying high:boy, low heartbeat:boy, girls hide when finding out the sex and such were all wrong. Even that gender predictor that was right with all my friends was wrong for me! LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I was very sick with all 3 pregnancies. My first was a girl, then twin boys and a boy.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have had 2b and 2g and the boys made me much sicker!
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 11:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2009