Think is won't affect you? Think again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4&eurl

The video is only a minute long....straight from Obama himself. He says that his plan will make electricity prices skyrocket and at the end that costs will be passed on the the consumer. If the cap & trade bill passes the senate, how do you plan to pay for your share?

momjoy1027

Asked by momjoy1027 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Cap and Trade = the end of the free enterprise system and the enslavement of the citizens. And we were worried about hyperinflation and devaluation of the dollar? Right now our economy is a mess with no real end in sight. Oh, we may be getting bits of information attempting to convince us that the recession will be over by the end of the year, but along with that we are being told that unemployment will continue to rise. Does that evidence that the economy is improving or that jobs are being created? Who can wait until 2014 or beyond? Who hasn't thought about the fact that on top of cap and trade we will still need to deal with hyperinflation due to the deficit and ultimately taxes will be raised. Who hasn't stopped to think about the declining value of the U.S. dollar. When you add all these things together we aren't going to be able to afford anything and more and more people are going to be on welfare and foodstamps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think it's a one minute clip and I would have to hear the rest of it. Personally I don't mind paying more. I would rather get my energy from something renewable.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Personally I don't mind paying more.

Send me your address so we can forward you our bills too, then, since we do mind.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• So you don't mind paying over $6000 more over the next 15 years? Interesting.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• While I agree that it will effect us all and that prices will skyrocket, this footage is actually from January of 2008. It is being presented as something he has said recently and that is not true. I don't support Obama in any way, but youtube is a dangerous thing and can be used to convince ignorant people of something that is less than the truth. Yes he said it, and yes I think Cap and Trade is going to have a very negative impact, but this was actually said before he became president and before the bill was conceived.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yet the facts still remain true. So what is the point of WHEN he said it?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We'll have to figure out where to cut our budget in other areas, and we'll have to turn the air up and the heat down. I'm sure not looking forward to it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No, I don't mind paying $6000 more over the next 15 years. I can think of a lot dumber things I've spent my money on, and probably waaaaaay over $6000. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion NotPanicking.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• OP--

People are going to refuse to comprehend the magnitude of this bill until they get their $1000 electric bill, fuel goes up to $10/gallon, the cost of groceries triples....etc....

All we can do is wait and see...wait and see....

(there will be plenty of opportunities to say "told you so!" later)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2009