Should I have kept my mouth shut?

This weekend my mom, her friend & I were talking. She thinks my dd is pretty smart for her age (2.5) & she mentioned her own dd just bough "My baby can read" for her grandson who is 5mo.
So instead of smiling & nodding... I kinda went into why I wasnt crazy about "MBCR" that it teaches to memorize the word as a whole & not the phonics of reading..
After I gave my short opinion, I felt like maybe I should have shut up! BUT .. In my defence she is always asking my opinion on stuff like being pregnant, breastfeeding, newborns,ect..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont think there is anything with offering your opinion, as long as you weren't criticizing her's in the process. Saying you dont agree is one thing, but trying to convince her to agree with you is a whole different story.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think you were fine and I agree it's was memorizing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well, if she is always asking your opinion then don't feel bad. It's okay to have an opinion, it doesn't mean she has to listen to it!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• When people mention something like that- something they or their daughter has bought or tried, I don't jump in with my opinion unless specifically asked, and then I word my answer so that it is vague enough that it could be interpreted as not saying something against the purchase. The item is already bought, and they don't want to hear that is was a mistake.

Answer by Bmat at 11:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2009