I am kinda longing for a 4th child should I have another???

I am almost 25 and I have 3 right now, ages- 6 mos,2,4... I would really like to have another girl or try for another girl and I want to have a even number of children then just 3.. HELP

lilmama2two

Asked by lilmama2two at 11:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thats really only up to you and your husband, and only you and your husband. I don't want to sound rude, but you should be talking to him about.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If u can afford another child & believe u r able to handle four children & give them all the love they need & ur SO wouldnt mind having another one then go for it. I understand the even amount thing the number 3 never seemed right its like theres always a child left out of the fun, but that may also be true w/ 4 so I'm not an expert on this! Just talk it out w/ ur SO.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• This iis totally up to you, your still young, you have time, maybe you should wait alittle bit and see if you still feel this way. I waited to have my 4th til I was 30, I had decided in my mind that 30 was my cut off age. Of course I have never regretted having my 4th child. Just from what little you've said in your question it seems like you have already decided you want a 4th child, your just looking for someone to agree with you....lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• its up to you and your husband. I got four when I didn't want it, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It is totally a decision that should be made between you & DH. I want to throw out there, though, that just because you have an even number of children, does not mean things will be even. Sure, it may work out perfectly on the ride at Disneyland, but b/c you can never predict how children will react or relate to each other, you might end up with a 3 against 1 dynamic. I have 5 children (2 mine, 2 his, 1 ours) & it is rare that just 2 play together. My 4 youngest are all very close together in age & either they all play together or it will be 3 of them doing something & 1 not part of the group. Having an even number of kids does not mean they will magically pair up. You need to base this decision on what is best for everyone, I've know many happy families with 3 children. It is really up to the parents to make sure things are as "even" as possible. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• YES! you will never regret having another child, we have 5 and Personaly I love having a big family
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 11:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009