I'm so mad! Would you be?

I want to preface this with the fact that my husband is an excellent father and a wonderful husband. I love him and wouldn't trade him for the world. This story is NOT a representation for the sort of parent he is (don't we all screw up once in a while?)

So my husband got up early with our baby this morning as he does most mornings.I get up during the night with him and DH gets up in the am and lets me sleep for an extra hour.This morning he plops our son in to bed with me and runs off to the bathroom.I am holding the baby (11 months) when I notice he stinks. So I go to change the diaper and it is LOADED.It was really gross.I don't think anything of it until my husband says that he knew it was there and didn't change him all morning because he was "too tired"WTF!! I was so pissed! Especially since I had gotten up in the middle of the night and changed him because he had soaked through his jammies!Like I wasn't tired?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I'd be mad, but I wouldn't make too big of a deal out of it. I'd let him know that I was upset by it, but it's not worth a giant fight. I am sure he feels bad and knows he made a mistake. If he seems to feel bad about it then just let it go for now. Especially if it's a first time offense.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My husband is like yours, wonderful! But he was going through a phase where he wasn't changing his diaper first thing in the morning. He would sometimes wait an hour before changing. So what I did was take a diaper, open it up and pour a ton of water in it so it is SOAKED. Then i put it around his arm and closed it then I taped it. i made him wear it for an hour. He changes his diaper 1st thing in the morning now. lol try it. it will open his eyes!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You do have a right to be mad at this. Does he want ur child to suffer from having a wet/dirty diaper? Diaper rash & whatever else a baby can get from sitting in their own poop! Plus being tired is never a good excuse when it comes to ur kids, I've tried to play this one but it never works!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'd be damn pissed.

Remind him who the truly more tired one is at that point and tell him to sort it out.

That is such a bloke thing to do.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yeah, the baby should be changed first thing. I can see if the husband is sick and just can't do it, or the run to the bathroom is urgent, then there is no choice but to put it off for a few minutes.

Answer by Bmat at 11:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Amy, that is the smartest thing I have ever heard of!!!!! My kids are well past the diaper stage but that is wonderful advice.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• That's a man for you. Are you a SAHM? If you are..You should be glad he helps at all with the baby.JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• id be pissed cuz it doesnt matter whats goin on baby needs that diaper changed asap but i wouldnt get mad at the fact that he's tired....your lucky...i wish i had a dh to help me take care of my child and split the help...i would do anything for that!!! so again id be pissed cuz the baby needs to be taken care of but i wouldnt be mad if he said im tired...id be too grateful that i even had a man to help.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• ahh the stories we all could share. I came home from work one day to be hit by the stench of a nasty diaper. I mean my eyes were watering and I gagged. To find my husband lying on the floor asleep with the baby on his back. I woke him up and said you don't smell that? It was oozing out of the sides of the diaper. He said nope. To this day I swear he left it for me. Fume away but be grateful he sounds like he's a great guy that made a bad judgement call.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009