WHY IS THE GAY LIFESTYLE MORALLY WRONG???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SutThIFi24w I RAN INTO THIS VIDEO FROM THIS DOCTOR THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES, THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE. MAY THE BASHING BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked by older at 11:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 68 (2,217,233 Credits)
  • It's not a pointless fight! Was it a pointless fight for Blacks to gain equality and acceptance? Was it a pointless fight for women to gain equality and acceptance? No! It wasn't easy, and those wars are still not completely won, but someday everyone will be equal, including those who happen to like the same sex as them.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Just stop already. Who cares that your daughter is a lesbian and you want the world to accept the lifestyle. Its not going to happen. Not everyone will accept it! Get over it already lady. It would be like me trying to convince you that its wrong. Its not going to happen. And your not going to convince others its right. Its a pointless fight.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• to most people that believe in God and try to follow the bible, It's going to always be morally wrong. It's not the way God itended, he gave specific instructions about it and we should follow it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I just think that it's gross, not really wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Why do you care what other people think, just worry about your daughter, things will probably be tough for her sometimes.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• AMY31308, SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT I DON'T REALLY CARE IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LIFESTYLE MY DAUGHTER LIVES, BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO DO. I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL SOCIETY STOPS DISCRIMINATING AND THERE ARE LOTS OF PEOPLE LIKE ME, SO THE LIFESTYLE IS NOT GOING AWAY, AND BY THE LOOKS OF THINGS MORE AND MORE STATES WILL APPROVE SUCH UNIONS AND CIVIL RIGHTS, REGARDLESS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU. I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ANYONE OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT THEY ARE JUST LIKE YOU AND ME AND THEIR SEXUAL PREFERENCE SHOULD NOT BE POINTED OUT TO DEPRIVE THEM OF THEIR CIVIL LIBERTIES. THERE IS NO FIGHT HERE, I HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH PEOPLE THAT HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THE WHOLE LIFESTYLE IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT. IF THESE KIND OF QUESTIONS BOTHER YOU SO MUCH, YOU MOVE ON!

Answer by older at 11:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• STACEYNOEL, I HAVE NEVER BEEN ONE TO CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK, BUT WHEN THAT BECOMES THE OBSTACLE IN MY DAUGHTERS CIVIL RIGHTS, OF COURSE, I WILL FIGHT FOR HER, WOULDN'T YOU?

Answer by older at 11:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• "I am asking you to judge people not on who they love but on whether they love."

Great video! Way to go Momma!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• it depends on what someone's morals are. i cant stand it when ppl claim something is morally wrong, b/c there is no set in stone morals. sure, there's the Bible's morals & there are things against the law that most agree are immoral, but some ppl think drinking any alcohol is morally wrong, in fact some think drinking caffeine is morally wrong...do you see them making laws against it?

how can i tell someone they are immoral b/c they dont agree w/ my idea of what is morally right? i think its morally wrong to have sex w/ someone you arent in a serious relationship w/, but you dont see me making laws to keep that from happening!

i know if things were turned, & someone told me i couldnt marry b/c it was against their religion i would freak! how DARE someone tell me i cant do something as lovely as dedicate my life to the one i love just b/c it makes them "uncomfortable" or b/c THEY think its a sin.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• That's right Amy, we should all throw our hands up in defeat and say "oh well!" when there is a problem that affects our lives and those we love. We should have done that throughout history too because women not being able to vote, have property or maintain custody of their children when widdowed OR religious tolerance and freedom OR equal rights under the constitution for ALL people (14th Ammendment) are all really stupid, pointless causes. You're right :-) We just say "it is what it is" about everything and just leave it be. There's nothing wrong with ignorance towards homosexuals being upheld by the law and a mother wanting to make the world a better place for her child is such a horrible person *rolls eyes*

We often mistake our values (which are instilled by upbringing and culture) for morrals (actual "right" vs. "wrong"). IMHO "sins" and "immorality" are the SAME thing (cont.)

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009