Crock Pot

So I just went and bought a 5.5 qt crock pot last night just to find out that all my recipes say to put the food in a 3.5 qt crock pot, should I return it?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 11:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Oh yeah, you can make less. Just follow what the PP said about having it half full. I just thought since you had a bigger crockpot you could make more!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Nah keep it. They are very useful and you never know when you may need that bigger size.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You could always make more of your recipe too. You can't double it, but do 1/2 or something. Big crockpots are great! You can do so much with them! There's nothing better than leaving in the morning and coming home to a fully cooked meal ready for you!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Can I still use the recipes that call for 3.5 qt crock pot in my 5.5 qt with out making more?
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We have a bigger crockpot, and we cook all different amounts of food in it, without following a recipe. I don't think it makes a difference, really.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 11:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I love our huge slow cooker. As long as it fills at least half of the crock pot it should be fine. Our says as long as it is at least half full. We have 7 people in the family so it's always filled to the brim. I don't know what I'd do without the slow cooker. I don't really follow recipes...just toss stuff in there and cook.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• There are a couple of crockpot recipe exchange groups on cafemom; there are many in yahoogroups. Your local library has tons of cookbooks

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009