Do you make your bed?

I don't, and I don't understand why it needs to be done, can you explain it to me?

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I didn't used to, but my DH insists on it being made, and I have to admit, it just makes the room look better. Even if the room is extremely cluttered, which ours is a lot of the time, it doesn't look as bad with a nicely made bed.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 11:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• LOL I was always told by my grandma..and, then my mom. A room can be cluttered or messy....but, if the bed is made. It's "appears" clean. So, yes, we make ours. I hope that made sense. lol
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

Your dh must be related to my family. lol
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I was raised to make my bed every day.A bedroom is not clean unless the bed is made.
    I raised my DD's that way too.

Answer by louise2 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don't make my bed, I don't see the point. Nobody sees my bedroom but hubby, my daughter, and I. It is just going to get messed up again so why bother. I guess if it was something that people saw when they came into my house I would, but no I don't.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• depends on my mood that day - lol
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i agree with the other ladies, that even if your room is a mess, a made bed makes it look better...and for some reason, it lifts my mood after i make the bed. i've been doing it so long that it's just habit. i'm teaching my kids the same. if i don't make my bed, it seems to start my day off-kiltered, and nothing goes right afterwords, lol. ;)
    Anonymous

• Not unless I just put clean sheets on LOL.

Once in a blue moon I might if we have visitors over that want to look around our house.

Its a bad habit but not the first one on my list to improve on.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i did when i slept in it. my grams always said that if your bed was made & no dishes in the sink then your house looked clean. i haven't slept in our bed since he died. i sleep in the recliner or on the sofa.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 1:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well, my mom used to say, your teeth are going to need brushing again too are you not going to brush them? I know big difference, but you get the idea. I do it because the one and only time I did not...my MIL popped in for a visit :(
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009