bfing positions

I'm trying to find the most comfortable position to bf my son but he's a big baby (he's 5 wks & weighs almost 12lbs). What positions did you find comfortable?

marinesweetie

Asked by marinesweetie at 11:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• big babies do well in the football hold. I could try to explain it, but searching breastfeeding football hold would probably net you a much better descrition with pictures etc. football is also great for mama's with large breasts.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• What positions have you been using? WIth newborns some find that the football hold is the most effective way to nurse. Some prefer the cradle position. Sit in a comfy chair and use a pillow for support--his weight isn't a factor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I prefer the cradle or cross-cradle. I'm large-busted, but have never been able to figure out the football hold.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 1:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i did the football hold and that's what helped me. now, i use whatever position is most comfortable for him. he's 10mo and usually it's the cradle or tailor hold, but sometimes he'd rather sit up or lay on my stomach. http://www.parentingweb.com/lounge/bf_basics/position_pics.htm
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 3:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009