Do you think this is fair?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090629/ap_on_bi_ge/us_madoff_scandal_19
NEW YORK – Bernard Madoff has been sentenced to 150 years in prison for his multibillion-dollar fraud scheme.

U.S. District Judge Denny Chin handed down the sentenced in New York on Monday.

The 71-year-old former Nasdaq chairman was arrested late last year after confessing to his sons that his secretive investment advisory business was a "big lie."

He pleaded guilty to securities fraud and other charges in March and has been jailed since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's fair that he spends the rest of his life in prison, because he's already 71. Whether they call it 30 years or 150 is irrelevant. Either way he's going to die there.

What's more important is that they lost all the assets, they took everything, from him and the wife.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• including the money they hid amongst non-US accounts and friends and family (including his sons?!) I hope so!

I hope anyone who helped him hide his assets goes down with him.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes. Make him an example of what will happen if any one dare copy what he did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Why wouldn't it be fair?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i agree with everyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yep, No matter he was going to die in prison. But this way it sets precident for others who do it. Shows they will be going to prison for life, whatever that happens to be.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

Nope, just the $80 million she was trying to fight to keep. She gets to keep some of her own money, but they're selling off the rest for restitution/penalties.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think so, yes.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Did you all know that HSBC the bank that most retail credit cards are issued through, LOST ONE BILLION dollars with Maddoff!?!?!?  It blows my mind how many people bought into his VERBAL agreements!!!

Watch as your interest rates go through the roof!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• YES.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009