WOULD YOU AS A MOTHER FIGHT FOR YOUR GAY SON/DAUGHTERS CIVIL RIGHTS???

SOMETIMES I FEEL I AM ALONE IN THIS, NOT THAT IT DETERS ME FROM MY GOAL BUT I AM CURIOUS, WOULD YOU DO THE SAME?

Asked by older at 11:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • YES! I love my kids and want them to have they same rights as everyone else. You keep fighting Girl!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i would fight for my childs rights if they were gay. mothers and fathers are the number 1 person that there kids can depend on.i give you support for supporting your kids and accepting them.and trust me your not alone i know plenty of people who are trying to make a change in the world.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i would fight for them yes
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Of course I would.
    Anonymous

• yes. and i appreciate those who are fighting now, so that if my DD is gay, she wont have to fight as hard as those now & in the past have to.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I fight for them NOW and my kids aren't gay. Civil rights are for everyone, not just the straight people
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I fight for my nephew's and my cousin's and my friends'. If it were necessary I would also fight for my child's.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• First, I would teach my sons that they are so much more than their sexual orientation. I would teach them to stand up for themselves, but to be the best and teh brightest and most personable person they could be, so that people wouldn't judge them solely on one miniscule aspect of their being!!!

I wouldn't teach him to force his sexual orientation on everyone else. And I would teach him that the world doesn't just revolve around one's sexual orientation.
    Anonymous

• Hell YES!!!

My best friend is gay and I wouldnt love him as much otherwise...I am already a member of PFLAG for him and several other gay friends...My kids are yearly atendees of the anual gay rights parade every year in our home town. If one of my children were gay it would intensify my drive for their rights 10 fold...
    Anonymous

• I'm already fighting for my mother and her partner's rights.

My son is a toddler so we're years away from dealing with any sexual orientation issues, but if he does turn out to be gay he will be accepted, supported and LOVED by both sides of the family.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 12:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2009