how many c-sections are safe? is there a certain amount where its just not good to get anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know that it is advised over here in the uk that if you have more then 3 you should not have any more children as it would always have to be c-section.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• A good friend of mine had 3...her Dr told her that it depends on how well you were stitched up, how much scar tissue is there, how well you healed, how good muscle tone in your uterus...some people do good with 2 or 3 and some can have many more.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• op here : ive had 2 , dr said both healed GREAT , i never bled w/ the 2nd . i was up and back at my usual cooking and cleaning 2 days after i got home ... im just wondering bc w/ both of me deliveries i tried vaginal and nothing happened , w/ my 1st i tried for HOURS ... and my bf and i planned how many kids wed like ... this next baby will be my 3rd c-sec
    Anonymous

• most dr's say 3. but have you looked into VBAC? http://ican-online.org/vbac/home
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Mom mom had 2 c-sections one with me and one with my brother, but she also had that same scar cut open for a hysterectomy, she had alot of scar tissue that had to be removed. i guess it depeneds on how well your body repairs itself. but my mom says you'll never get that stomch muscel back.
    LLClark91

Answer by LLClark91 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• mommytobobby -- i tried vaginal for my 1st and for my 2nd ... it just doesnt happen idk
    Anonymous

• my doctor told me that i could have 5 or 6 if i healed well enough. i told him he was crazy and this baby would be my last, but he reassured me that i COULD have 5 or 6 if i chose to.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 9:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• kylismomma -- lol! ... yea my 1st heald well i just bled more than w/ that one. my 2nd one i didnt bleed at all i swear! and it was looking GREAT when i left the hospital . thank u tho. i have a drs apt comming up ill have to ask what they think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2009