if your man wanted you to meet one of his exes what would you say

my man said he wants me to meet one of his exes that he dated like over 5 or 6 years ago... and it was a long distance thing i guess they only saw eachother a few times and they are friends now.... he doesnt hang out with her or anything and they dont have any children together..... and i guess she wants to meet me and our lil boy... but im not so sure.... what would you do

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 11:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh heck no! i wouldn't...then again, i believe in the saying "an ex is an ex for a reason".... i'm curious as to why he would care for you to meet her? she's back in his life for some reason? that would bother me...somehow they are still in contact, and long distant or not, they had some sort of bond, and for some reason or another they still communicate. it's a touchy subject, but if it's bothering you, i'd let him know. if ya ask me, that isn't fair of him to do that to you. :( try asking him if HE would like to meet one of YOUR exes.... that'll make him think otherwise i bet ;). good luck.
    Anonymous

• id ask him...are you freakin kidding me?! and walk away. if there's no attachments to this woman like kids then what the hell is he think..even if theres kids involved only way id meet her would be to drop the kids off and say hi nicely and leave....i wouldnt be doin nothin more then that. but i would be a bitch either..but in your situation id seriously ask him what the hell are you thinkin
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would be open to it. They sound like they're just friends, nothing serious ever between them.
    Anonymous

• well then do you really need to ask this question? i mean if it doesnt bother you then ....it doesnt really matter what we think...jus do it if your cool with it...but i wouldnt be
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would be open to meeting her. If he is telling you about her, then it means he sees nothing in the relationship they used to have, and is completely comfortable with you. That he is even suggesting it shows a lot of trust IMO. You both may end up with a new friend and become stronger for the decision! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don't have a problem with it. Sometimes the reason they are an ex is because they found out they make better friends than anything else. That's probably what it is. My hubby is friends with 2 of his exs and we get along great.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well, knowing his exes he'd not ever want to meet up with them again LOL.

However, if there was such a situation Id probably go and meet up with her. Id also keep a strong eye on how they reacted to each other,etc.

Im curious by nature so I wouldnt mind meeting with an ex and seeing what she was like.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I hate to sound like a bitter woman, but I am 42 and it has been my experience that ex's usually have an agenda. Ask yourself this question; Would I ever call up on of my ex's just to say hey, catch up on old times and or meet his current partner and children? What is your answer? Yeah, that's what I thought. A few of my DH's ex's sent him letters and e-mails or friend request in the begining of our relationship. I warned him that I did not think they were looking him up just to be friends...turns out I was right each time, yet it really surprised him...men are not as quick as we women are lol. One even went so far as to tell him he was the only man she ever loved. So high school huh? So needless to say, he doesn't bother with them. He does have an ex he shares a DD with, we see her of course but there is a reason too. Watch your back girlfriend!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• they certainly DO have some sort of an agenda!! i found out the hard way one time....trying to be "friends" with one...truth is, i was way too trusting and it made me feel real stupid once i saw what was really happening.
    always always trust your gut. if you don't like the idea of it, don't do it. and don't let him hang with her. that would royally piss me off! there's no connection with them, they need to cut it.
    Anonymous

• Seeing it was long distance and they are friends, I would be open to it. Distance is probably what broke up that relationship. You have to TRUST the one you are with or the relationship won't work out. My exbf actually wants to meet my son's father and that would be really interesting. My exxbf takes my son all the time, while the father ignores him completely and has for 13 years. Yeap, that meeting would be really interesting.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009