Do you think its cute or stupid to see babys with brand name shoes/clothes?

My best friend is a manager at a shoe store called Journies and she bought me a pair of baby Pumas and baby vans for my son. I still have 4 months to go before hes here and I dont know if I will put them on him because I kinda think it looks kinda stupid. What do you think?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ok if it's just one item, like shoes. But if it's the whole outfit, generally stupid.
    Are some of the items by "designers" cute? Yes.
    But the quality of "brand name" items, especially when made for babies and toddlers, is VERY low. They fit poorly and are difficult to get on and off - not unexpected for companies that don't study how to dress babies with big heads and little cooperation.
    So when I see a baby wearing a baby wearing "designer" names, I wonder how much the parent paid for the item and how they might have better spent that money. If I spend a lot of money on clothes or shoes for my daughter, I buy good named products designed for babies and toddlers - from companies that know how hard a child can be on his clothes so they pick fabrics that reflect that and have studied how hard it can be to dress a child so they pick designs to reflect that.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think its cute. I buy my son brand name clothing. NOT all of it. But some things :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i think its cute to a certain extent.everyday thing with baby phat shirt,pants,and sneakers i think is too much.babies grow so quick out of shoes especially.special occasions is where ill dress my baby up all fresh and go the extra foot.but everyday nope because there gonna ruin it.but i think it wont look stupid i just think some people take it 2 far and act like there baby is a doll sometimes.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i think its cute i buy some brand names...before when i was working and doin overtime my daughter was wearing nothing but baby phat or roca wear etc and whatever kinda brand from gymboree but now those things are jus every once in a while since im on disability and cant work
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• then again i think its time for a change and leave some of those brands behind...get more of the cutesy preppy kinda clothes as i like to call them
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Wow, you sound a bit ungrateful! I can't tell you how many pregnant ppl post on my area craigslist about how they need free clothes (Sometimes they ASK for namebrand!) and shoes, and baby stuff.

Why would namebrand be stupid? The only way I see it as ridiculous is when the ppl can barely afford to eat and pay rent (and I know ppl in this category), yet they will spend an entire pay on Jordans for their child. If you can afford it, I don't see why it would be "stupid"
    And Pumas and Vans are cute!

Mine have all kinds. Jordans, Gap sandals, etnies, sketchers, Michael Kors (my daughter..and I got these on sale!), circo (ha, these come from target and are one of her cutest pairs!), Old Navy, Pasties,and others.

What brand of shoes to do YOU think is acceptable?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• All my son wears is brand name. Some say it's stupid. I think it's smart b/c it resales for higher
    Anonymous

• JMO,,,Babies that do not walk,, to me do not need shoes. Only socks. JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don't see what the big deal is? If you have the money then buy whatever you want. My kids wear nothing but name brands almost 90% of the time. But I shop anywhere from Gap kids, Children's Place, Macy's, Target and if I was at Walmart and saw something that was cute I'd pick it up. And they do grow up fast but I wear name brands so why can't my kids if I have the money. I think you're looking into 2 pairs of shoes waaayy to much!

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• And yes most of their clothes are namebrand. Do I go broke buying it? NOPE. Its called off season shopping and online shopping. Alot of stuff was 50-70% off. I bought a $40 skirt from GAP for $5 for my daughter a few months ago because it was fall apparel.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009