How do you deal with living with your in laws when your husband is happy with the arrangement and you aren't?

He thinks its okay for them to live with us for free and do whatever they want and not sacrifice anything but we have to sacrifice stuff all the time. He's okay with it and I'm tired of it, but he told me he would never leave them...

mumov4

Asked by mumov4 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• First off all it might be part of his culture. If its not then he has issues in my opinion. This cant be something that was just sprung on you when you got married.
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• that is a sticky one. It would drive me bonkers living w someone. So they live w you??? If so is it possible to find a house w an inlaw quarters? A compromise? Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 4:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Where do I start? I am in the same situation with much more too it. I would love to talk to you about your situation!! PM me if you want to talk! Or vent!!
    KANDIERAIN

Answer by KANDIERAIN at 5:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• personally, I've been there and it eventually creates problems in your relationship. it's not that you don't love your in laws. but you can't stay there forever. two families don't mix well in the long run. try to explain to your hubby that you guys need your own family
    blue_eyedmomma3

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008