What can i do for a canker sore?

My daughter is 16 months and got bug over the weekend, high fever, vomiting, and super cranky. Now she has a low grade fever off and on and she developed a canker sore and is freaking out. She keeps touching it and and now she won't eat or drink anything. I have tried putting baby orajel on it, but she flips out and tries to wipe it off or lick it off.

lindakelly

Asked by lindakelly at 12:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what about adult strenght to truly numb it?
    Anonymous

• my mom used to use liquid benedril applied with a q tip and it would be gone by morning. dunno why it worked but it did! good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• you know, you could go to a dentist and they can give you some free samples of things that will bumb the canker soar right away
    bashfulmom

Answer by bashfulmom at 6:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• put hydrogen peroxide on it... perfectly safe and works too.... just not too much, use a q-tip.
    iluvmy3bratboys

Answer by iluvmy3bratboys at 6:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2009