Have you ever not dated a guy because of clashing religion?

I really made some guy mad yesterday because I told him I didnt want to date him because he didnt believe in God. I was raised in church my entire life and I try to go every Sunday I can. I just cant see myself being with someone who does not feel the same way about God as I do. Have you done this?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No but I should've. The only Christian I ever dated was abusive and liked to slam on the brakes to throw me in the windshield if I didn't agree with him about anything. Not sure that had anything to do with him being a Christian. There are jerks in every religion. My dd told me to not date anyone from a BBQ restaurant because that could never work since it didn't work with me and her dad. ..pretty sure there were other variables there.

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Not for that reason..But i did it when I didn't want any more children and a man was dating wanted more kids.

Answer by louise2 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No. I never have and my husband believed opposite of me... he is now a christian however. I grew up in the church too, every sunday, 2 times a day.... and I found the guys there were so much worse then the ones out IMO. And the way I see it, everyone has a different belief whether it's completely opposite or little differences! God says to love people and not judge... and at the same time it does say to marry a christian and if not show the person christian qualities. I feel when it's right, you know it! When I met my husband I knew it was perfect...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No, but I wasnt a big dater either LOL.

I dont think anyone should get mad because you want to date someone with similar beliefs. There are many times those end up being big factors in a serious relationship/marriage. So its understandable.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• yes and have broken up with guys when i found out we had different religious beliefs

Answer by admckenzie at 12:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No but I should've. The only Christian I ever dated was abusive and liked to slam on the brakes to throw me in the windshield if I didn't agree with him about anything.
    Anonymous

• Yes I started talking to a guy and he told me he wouldn't be caught dead in church..I go on Sunday's and expect to have the leader of our family to be a christian so I told him there was no reason for us to meet.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Not sure that had anything to do with him being a Christian.

A woman's place is in the home to care for and obey her husband because the bible says so. It had everything to do with it.
    Anonymous

• After I became a Christian I decided that I would never date or marry a non-Christian. And the more serious I got about the Lord, I knew that I didn't just want to be with a guy who called himself a Christian, I wanted a guy who loved God more than I did and would be a spiritual leader for me.

Before I was a Christian I dated guys of different faiths. It didn't matter much then.

The Bible says to not be unequally yoked. I think that this is very wise. We want to be with someone who is pulling us in the right direction, toward the Lord. I think you did a good thing.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No, i havnt. ....But if i wasnt married to my DH and would now. I just cant see myself with someone who believes his wife, (me) will go to hell. Even if he didnt believe that, i would have a very hard time "hiding" who i am and what i believe from our children.

Luckily, although DH and i dont have the same exact beliefs, we have enough in common.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009