At what age to kids stop taking baths together? (A boy and a girl).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think they'll probably let you know when they want privacy but you should probably cut it off at some point. I think about when the first on starts school is a good time. Just because it will coincide with a few other "Your a big kid now" changes.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would say once they become aware of each others "differences!" I have two boys and they never took baths together or showered with me or my husband.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• When one or the other is uncomfortable with it or a problem arises. My 7yo son and 6yo daughter will still jump in the bath together if I let them. The only reason they aren't allowed is because the tub is cracked and 2 jumping kids in there would break it more. They share a room and still dress in front of each other. It is absolutely innocent and not an issue for them. They don't even realize a majority of the country would find it odd that they even share a room let alone dress in front of each other.
    My oldest dd stopped bathing and dressing in front of her brother when she was 6. She no longer felt comfortable with it and demands he leave the bathroom when she is showering. My 6yo dd still runs around the house with no clothes on. She would be happy at a nudist colony.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• When they start asking for their personal space. I took showers with my sister until I was around 10. A boy and girl, however, shouldn't really be bathing together at that age. IDK though; my DD who is 20 mos bathes with a boy who is 4 and another who is two (my best friend's kids). They all seem to enjoy taking baths together, and noone is uncomfortable with it at this point.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have a twin brother and we took a bath together until we were 5. it just depends on the kids.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Me and my bro took baths together...I think until I was 3 or 4 (I am 2 years older).
    He shit in the tub and it got in his hair and he screamed at the top of his lungs...i got the hell out of the tub and left him there lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I agree with once they start to realize each other's parts are different.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My son is 3 and my daughter is 1. They take baths together and I've wondered when to separate them. Right now, they just like to have a friend to splash around with :)
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 1:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would say 4 or 5 years old at the oldest.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009