I am having strong self essteem issues lately. I don't feel very pretty at all. Any suggestions on low cost ways I can give myself a pick me up?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Ever since gaining 35lbs. pregnancy weight and not able to fit ALL or ANY of my cute little clothes and going up severallll sizes I could pretty much be in the same boat with you. Low self-esteem! But what I do to give me a pick me up is go with my mom [call up your best friend] and go get pedicures and manicures and sit side by side in the salon. And always take someone along who is a good party-time person who you know without a shadow of a doubt they will make you smile and remind you how special you are to them. Then after go to Starbucks or somewhere and grab a sweet treat! I'm more then sure you deserve that too.
    pink_callalily

Answer by pink_callalily at 1:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Haircuts, highlights (sun in). A new tshirt from walmart or target. (I bought a bunch of 4 dollar shirts at walmart since I am forever ruining mine.) Give yourself a manicure or pedicure. (I do pedicures since my manicures don't last.) Walk everyday if possible to give yourself a boost. Fight the depression with a proper diet as well. Good luck. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Spend more time outside, take in nature, go for walks, swimming, kayaking.

Anonymous

• high heels and lipstick sister.. does it for me everytime.. Also, go to a yard sale, pick up a dress and lowcut the sucker.. put a slit in the leg, dont ear panties to bed, i could go all day mama..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i have problems with the way i look... i always like buying a sexy outfit from sex shop or lingerie shop and put on my 6 inch heels. it makes my man go crazy. i got a nurse outfit cop outfit, school girl secretary outfit and some sexy bras and panties. seeing my man all rush me to the bedroom makes me feel wanted and sexy.
    Anonymous

• i get my toe nail painted every mnth for 10 bux.. put make up on each morning.. go tanning..
    Anonymous

• Sunless tanning spray does go a long way and gives you an instant change. Bright colored nail polishes on toes and fingers helps. I have Sunshine by Avon on right now. Its a bright yellow and its very cheerful. Change your makeup entirely. Maybe you're just bored with your style and need to change it up. Don't be afraid to try new things, a bronzer, new lipgloss etc go a long way. You could probably get everything you need for less than $20 on my site www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping to save money too! Good luck! Every woman gets there at some point just remember everyone else sees how beautiful you are!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009