do u think it will happen again? did u have this problem?

i had preclampisa and high blood pressure all the sudden at 37weeks with my 1st child, now i am nearing the same time with my 2nd child, do u think i will get it again all the sudden.. by the way when i got it with the 1st i had my son 2days after i got it cause my blood pressure was way way high.
thanks for ur answers

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could go either way. I was really scared in my 2nd pregnancy bc I had hypertension but my OB told me never to compare your pregnancies because they are always different. In my case, she was right. I did not develop high BP or hypertension in the 2nd. I hope the same is true for you, GL!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Have you been watching your eating habits and getting plenty of protein and enough water? If you had issues before you should be paying close attention to the things you eat.

http://nutrition.birthingnaturally.net/brewerslideshow/brewerdiet_files/frame.htm
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• to add to what amileegirl said...watch the stress levels too. I got majorly stressed having to do a risk assessment at the health department (37 weeks). my BP spiked, and all of a sudden i had protein in my urine and I was swelling. I knee it was from stress so I refused to go to the hospital and instead went home to try to sleep. The next day I was fine and went on to give birth at 40 weeks with out any problems!
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 2:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009