2Door car with kids?

How bad is it really? We have a van that we will keep but it is just too big for me so I'm thinking of getting a smaller, 2 door car. We will still have the van for big trips and stuff like that and I will probably only be using my smaller car to drop my DD off to the sitter and local things. I'm also considering a 4 door but right now there is a car at the dealer that I really like and it only has 2 + hatchback.

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It isn't really that bad if any of your children in a car seat are forward facing and you aren't pregnant. Even if you have a baby that is still in a rear facing car seat and you are pregnant and the car is tiny you will still make do because it is a car that you need and something is far better than nothing. We made do with 3 children in a 2-door for a couple of years and it was fine.
    I now have a POS that has no a/c and 2 windows that won't go down so if the heat and humidity are too high then I cannot take my infant granddaughter anywhere or she will die of overheatedness.
    If you have no other choice in a car and you have to have a car then you will be just fine. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It was terrible for me. We had a 2 door Monte Carlo (that my husband had just bought me when I was 3 months pregnant) we didn't think it was that bad when our son was still in his pumpkin seat, but once he moved up to a regular car seat it sucked bad! I mean, it is definitely do-able, but it is just really annoying. We ended up getting rid of the car and getting a smaller SUV (Chevy Equinox)

SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We have two 2-door cars. One is a 99 Chevy Cavalier, the other is an 03 Ford ZX2. Our son is 2 1/2 now so we are definately used to it. Its a pain sometimes but its do-able for us, especially since we can't afford a new car/van. If you know anyone with a 2 door car, see if you can borrow it for a few days and see how you like it.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• its the worst ever especially if you have back problems! i would never in my life go to a 2 door if i didnt have to
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I traded in my 2 door for a 4 door because it was so hard to get an infant carrier into the backseat with a 2 door. It is hard to get a kid in a carseat with a 2 door. Not to mention the horrible backpain I had from trying to do that. I will never have a 2 door car again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i HATED lugging 2 kids in and out of 2 door car, it wud be 3 kids now if we didnt get rid of that pile of crap ! lol
    kristalsfirst

Answer by kristalsfirst at 6:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2009