I dont want a divorce,do i have to be the one to file

or my husband?????My husband wants out of our 4 year marriage,i dont i dont know anything about this process,how does it work?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• If your husband wants a divorce he needs to be the one to file. I have no idea though.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Since your husband wants to file for divorce, let him make that move. He can file with an attorney or buy a divorce packet to do it himself. The divorce packets can be purchased at book stores, I believe.

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• no you do not have to file. Don't make it easy on him. Make him work for what he thinks he wants

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• either one of you can file (petitioner), and other person is the respondent. if he files he's controlling the case, but with each thing he files, you have a certain amount of time to respond. you can get a petition for dissolution of marriage (with or without children) at any courthouse, or even online in some states. i have been going through this process for 2 years now! I know alot about any forms or what you can and cannot do, so if you have any other specific questions feel free to send me a message directly! good luck
    helya1105

Answer by helya1105 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• YOu can file if you want to file....whatever works! You don't have to wait for him. Even though it was his idea you can still file if you want to.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009