• In the Spotlight:

Transparency? Where is it?

Obama said it. He said he expected to have the most transparent administration of all. Bills would be posted for5 days for Americans to read also giving congress time to read them. Time and again he has ignored or neglected to make sure this was done. Not a word when Congress adds hundreds of pages in the middle of the night, none when they vote afte only 5 hrs of debate on a new bill. Did Obama lie? Was he ever going to enforce what he told America?

http://readthebill.org

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't care if it's democrat or republican transparency in government is never gonna happen.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Just another of his many lies and broken promises.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• More of that change we can't believe in. Obama is Bush-lite, IMO.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Friday I <3 you. . .

We may not agree on some stuff, but it's all good, you're sane and logical.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We really need to look into the Libertarian Party Ladies!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Friday, Kudos to you. You stand firm on the issues you hold dear. I applaud you.. (insert sweet pea here) but I can't from my bb!!!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Oh, and OP, don't hold your breath on transparency. Only way we are getting that is with a whole new gov.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Before you make a judgment call, you try wrangling CONGRESS to do what you want, the moment you want it, and have them inform you of their actions. I think Obama was overly optimistic and over-estimated the old-boy Congress. The President (any president) simply does not have control of Congress or its parties and can only influence and negotiate. As a matter of fact, when he was asked, "What was the one thing that you learned after you became president?" He pretty much said that it was the enormous difficulty in getting those in government on the same page. Take from that what you will. I didn't vote for Bush either time, but I at least gave the man the benefit of the doubt for part of his first term. Obama has been in office barely six months, has to deal with two wars, Korea, Iran, a downward spiral economy, a crashed market, skyrocketing unemployment, existing deficit, new budget...
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Problems that need fixing but need money for fixing and with a Congress that can agree that they need fixing but can't agree on the issue of money to fix it, he's also got to deal with party disputes, and a fickle public. Which out of control fire gets priorty? And can any one of us do any better? Got a better plan? Know where that magic wand is to get a bunch of Congressmen and women on the same page at the same time without all the pettiness and arguing? II think not.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• goodFOR AMILEEGIRL

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009