Child Safety Latches for Side by Side Fridge/Freezer?

Our 3 year old has just gotten the strength to open our side by side fridge/freezer doors. I've been looking at safety latches for fridges and they all seem to be ones that hook up top to where I'd basically have to stand on my tip-toes to unlock.

Are there any other options to lock those doors?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I bought cabinet locks that are 2 loops that come together in a lock, I got them from walmart. Check home depot or someplace if you can't find the kind you need.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My kids are in the fridge constantly!! We have the kind with the two doors on top, freezer drawer on the bottom. I have resorted to tying it shut with nylon rope!! But it keeps the doors from being left open!LOL
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• http://www.safety1st.com/can/eng/Products/Home-Safety/Latches-Locks/Details/2278-12018-Multi-Purpose-Appliance-Latch

we have these ones, you can placethem wherever you want on the fridge.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009