Does baby weight go away fast?

will i completly get mi body back ??...no smart ass comments im new to dis mommy hood

Mamii2Be

Asked by Mamii2Be at 12:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• HELL NO! I thought it would come back but when you leave the hospital you will be wearing your smaller maternity clothes still it sucks!
    Anonymous

• hahaha ya right. keep dreaming. im really sorry to say it but it wont come back completely. youll have that lovely little pooch for a long time. i still have it. you should work hard to get it off though. most drs will tell you if you dont get rid of it within a year or 2 its there for good. and stretch marks will never go away. its been almost 2 years for me and i still look lik a fat cow (in my opinion) but tey a jillian micheals workout. they kick your ass but they work. ive lost 30 lbs just doin that.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Sorry, but NO..you dont competely get your body back, you might have stretch marks on your boobs,stomach, hips, butt etc. The skin around your belly might be loose,called the mommy pouch. But for most, it does not go 100% back to the way it was before. Now I have 3 children, 125pounds and size 5-6 but I still have a few strestch marks and loose skin around the belly area but nothing too bad, I still wear a bikini.
    Anonymous

• breast feeding can help you lose it faster. and if you count calories and get in as much light exercise as possible, your baby weight will start to come off more.
    its different for everyone though. my dd is 2 months old, and i only have 6 pounds left to lose (i gained 40). but a friend on mine is still about 20 pounds heavier than she was before pregnancy, and her baby is a year old.
    it depends on your body type, metabolism, diet, attitude, and daily routine.

ps- mommies are beautiful no matter what size they are!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 1:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It took me 9 months to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I have the extra skin on my stomach that hangs and also alot of stretch marks. Some people don't have that though. If you are like me, you'll need a tummy tuck after you are done having kids. Oh and a breast enhancement.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• After my 1st child I worked really hard for about a year and was skinnier than I was before I got pregnant, but I still had a little pooch on my belly. I went running 3 times a week and I lost 80lbs that way. Now, I got pregnant again when my daughter was 14 months, I gained less weight but had a 10 lb baby, my stomach stretched really big so I have a bigger pooch now that is so nasty to me! I hadn't even began to start trying to lose the weight from my 2nd when I got pregnant now with my 3rd. I get depressed sometimes (lol) when looking at old pics, but, this is without a doubt my last child and I know when I'm ready I'll get back down to size someday if I try hard enough! Anything is possible...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• For me, it has. My baby is 16 wks. and I'm back down to pre-pregnancy size (not that I"m happy about it, I thought I'd get bigger hips, but I didn't!). I don't do cardio exercise, just strength-training but I do breastfeed. Even my boobs aren't that much bigger, maybe only a 1/2 cup size bigger. It is freaky, as I was told it would take 9 mos. but for me, it hasn't. Also, keep in mind that I do watch what I eat and have always been on the slim side. Just cause I'm bf'ing doesn't mean I eat like I did back when I was pregnant (I gained about 33 lbs.).
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Oh, and I never got stretch marks and only had that saggy stomach pouch for about 2 mos. afterward, but I did exercise a lot while I was pregnant. Everyone is different, tho.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• breastfeeding can def help the weight come off fast, but for most women, they don't get their body back for at least 9 mo. with a well balanced diet and exercise (along with breastfeeding), it will be easier and faster to get your body back.
    the weight will come off fast with breastfeeding, but if you want your body to be as toned as it was before, it will take work.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I looked better after having my DD! Everybody is different and I think genes play a huge role. Breastfeeding will help also! I was terrified of not getting my body back, but I like it so much better now! Everybody asks me how I look this good and I tell them just to have a baby! LOL!
    Anonymous