What are good road trip toys/activities??

I am going to take a road trip to Texas for a week and its a 12 hour drive and I need good activities/toys for my 3 1/2 yr old to do in the car. Also any games, music cds or Dvd ideas........all would be appreciated. Thanks!!

ladysylpher

Asked by ladysylpher at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Travel

• Aqua doodles and Magna-Doodles are great! They can draw without having any mess or markers anywhere. Stickers and a notebook. Lots of snacks. A DVD player with their favorite videos. Books are always great. I always went to the Dollar Store or WalMart and got a few things and didn't let my kids see them until I pulled them out in the car. That way they were something new and weren't already boring.
    meegan26

Answer by meegan26 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Portable DVD player is a MUST on long car rides. I'd load up on snacks also. Good things to bring are things like Magna-Doodle, Etch-a-Sketch, coloring books...basically any toy that will keep her interest for more than just a couple of minutes.

We are flying from Ohio to California next month and I'm in this situation myself (not so long, but yet need to keep my soon to be 3-1/2 year old happy while stuck in plane). I've already bought a mini Etch-a-Sketch and Magna-Doodle. I plan to get out some of the coloring books she's not used yet. I'm keeping everything hidden so that it will all be a surprise to her and, therefore, hopefully keep her interest.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• thank you for asking this question! We're leaving on an 8 hr trip in a few weeks and these are great ideas!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 2:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009