What do you think about this sweet 16 idea?

Well my DD bday is in March, Yes i know still a long ways to go but of course she's excited and been thinking of idea. She doesnt want anything really big because then she knows she'll get less money from her father and I. So she wants to ask her father if he can make some sort of dance floor out of wood or whatever just so their not in the grass and put some tents up over them or something just to make it look cute and then I said since thats not going to be expensive we can get a DJ since I know a few and we can get a discount. But then again he bday is in March so it might be cold and she wants it to be semi-formal. What do you think of the Idea and do you think the weather in March would be cold so wait for April?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It depends on where you live. In Colorado we would never plan an outside party until may at the earliest. But if you live somewhere generally warm then go for it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We live in Pennsylvania, we get all 4 seasons so i dont know
    Anonymous

• I live in Wisconsin and wouldn't plan any outdoor parties until June or July and then I would have an alternate just in case. The weather changes on a regular basis here in Wisconsin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• maybe rent a hall or something, if you want to have a party like that. having it outdoors might not be to good, you never know what can happen in march. happy sweet sixteen!
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We live in Indiana and it is usualy still kind of chilly. I would say just have something inside and let some friends stay all night or something. Maybe you could rent something. Or I know at my church they let us have our events there for free and we just give a donation. And the DJ sounds like a good idea if you can get a discount.
    gurliegal86

Answer by gurliegal86 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• if you're renting the tents, you could rent those outdoor heaters too... and borrow some fire pits...
    see if you can convince her on ditching the semiformal.... sounds like fun!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• that sounds like fun... just look out for the weather.. if your'e going to have it outside.. it might be a good idea to have a rain date. just incase.

baileyxbee

Answer by baileyxbee at 9:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2009