How can I make a budget?

I seem to be totally clueless as to how to make a budget. I understand the basics, but need major help. I am so tired of worrying about how to pay all the bills and how much we can spend. I need help!

3mom627

Asked by 3mom627 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• How do you get paid? Weekly, bimonthly or monthly?

This is what you do. Print of a blank calendar page for the next three months. Write down all your bills and when they are due. Then write down your paydays.
    Now you have to figure out a couple things. Are you behind on bills? What will it take to catch you up without making everything else behind?
    MOST places will work with you to add a ten or twenty or even five dollars to your bill to help with catching up. You just have to call.
    I keep my bills in a notebook with the clear plastic page pockets. I keep one year per bill. Everything else gets shredded. Stamps, a pen and envelopes go into here.
    (You need to keep taxes for seven years and property sale info permanently.)
    You will have to list all your bills and the amount due on your calendar before you can figure out what to pay when.
    Take out what you want to spend on gas and groceries in cash. The rest goes to bills.
    Anonymous

• dave ramsy has lots of great advice. on his website there are lots of worksheets.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• That way you never go over budget on these things. You can do the same with clothing allowance or whatever.
    Anonymous