playtime for a 6 week baby?

what are some great exercises, toys/games and just things in general to stimulate my 6 week old baby?

babybaileysmom

Asked by babybaileysmom at 1:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, from what I recall, my DD didn't do much at that age (except cry, she was a big crier!). I mostly played the 'try-not-to-let-her-cry' game with her. Does your baby like the swing? Maybe she can sit in that and just look out at stuff around the house. We did read at that age, even though she mostly cried through all the books. It can't hurt.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• At six weeks, just being out in the world is plenty of stimulation! Keep talking with her. Pop her in a sling or carrier and take walks with her. Her brain will grow just fine...you don't need to do the Baby Einstein bit with her yet.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009