Does anyone know where to find cheap or free Sunday school lessons?

I am a member of a very small church. Lately our tithes have dropped dramatically, and our resources are dwindling. The amount of children we have changes from week to week. Sometimes 8, sometimes 32 kids show up. We also have a number of children that show up without their parents. I am running out of ideas, and cannot afford to buy a lot of the curriculums that I find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jill.a.k.a.mom

Asked by jill.a.k.a.mom at 1:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hi sweetie. What you might do is try googling "free sunday school lessons". I've done that with other things,and alot usually pop up. I'll be in prayer for your church,and we'll all just trust God. God bless you for wanting to teach children.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Go to a sister church or to a church of the same religion but bigger and ask if they would like to donate some lesson plans for your church. or just google some sunday school lessons and print them out. GL!!!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Ask other churches if they have old curriculums. I used to teach Sunday School and we'd buy new books every year, the teachers guides and the kids workbooks. I'd imagine that a church would be happy to pass on the old teachers books at least and they may even have old work books. Technically you can't photocopy them but you could use them for ideas.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Thank you ladies for your prayers and ideas. I don't know why I didn't think of asking other churches. We actually have a church that helps us with our women's Bible study at times. Thanks again.
    jill.a.k.a.mom

Answer by jill.a.k.a.mom at 3:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I had no idea Biblical lessons cost anything. scary to think we have to pay to learn about God. Then again maybe if the churches charged they might get more folks coming. I think so many ppl don't trust getting something for free! I wonder if that is why so many ppl in life try to buy salvation? Just a thought.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• There are some ideas at www.creativebiblestudy.com
    www.chrisitanpreschoolprintables.com has things for younger kids
    www.dltk-kids.com for craft ideas
    Also you can get Bible stories coloring books and color and cut out pictures to use on flannel graph boards.
    Teach a memory verse from the story (only takes a board) we would gradually erase words until memorized and then give out a piece of candy to the kids who TRY to say it.
    Lastly....call other churches and ask if they have used materials they would be willing to donate or ask your pastor if you can take up a special offering for materials, the Lord may lay on someones heart to give, to meet this need.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Here is a webpage for Sunday School resources. Scroll down to see them. God bless!

http://worknotes.com/IN/Indianapolis/books/apt14.stm
    lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 1:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009