Would you have a problem if two gay people lived together and loved each other but didn't have sex?

So, according to your god, it's not a sin to be gay, just to express that feeling in a sexual way? But it's okay to deny those people happiness, love, basic human rights, treat them worse than dogs, judge them for soemthing they can't help and tell them are going to hell? Hmm...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 1:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• According to the God of the Bible it is wrong to be gay, just like it is wrong to partake in any sin. Sexual desires toward a man or a woman who is not your spouse is a sin. So even if you didn't act on it, it is still a sin to be lusting after it.

This is what I don't understand.  It seems like such a Catch 22 here.  It's a sin to have sex with the same sex.  It's also a sin to not have sex with someone you're not married to (same sex or not).  You're not allowed to marry the person you love and want to have sex with.  What the hell are they supposed to do?   Live in a little tiny box with blinders on to make sure they never fall in love?  Sorry, that's not a religon I want to be a part of.

DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 9:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i would feel bad for them . making love is one of the gifts of loving someone.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• moki1984,

And yet, they are supposed to simply deny themselves that need and be miserable and unhappy because some book says so.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yep, they're supposed to fake a straight lifestyle and force themselves to be straight. As if being gay is a cancer, and it can become malignant if you ignore it long enough.

Ptsh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• According to the God of the Bible it is wrong to be gay, just like it is wrong to partake in any sin. Sexual desires toward a man or a woman who is not your spouse is a sin. So even if you didn't act on it, it is still a sin to be lusting after it. And we all have sin in our life. Sin is not what sends us to hell, so being gay would not send someone to hell. Rejecting God and his gift of everlasting life is what causes someone to go to hell.
    Anonymous

• Very well put anon! I agree.
    Anonymous

• Would you have a problem if two gay people lived together and loved each other but didn't have sex?

Yes, I'd have a HUGE problem with that; I want people to be HAPPY & HEALTHY in thier relationships and that includes being sexually expressive with the person they LOVE. I'm all for people getting down in funky town :)

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Let me start by saying that I don't believe in any God who puts a band on who one can fall in love with. I think there are a bunch of intolerant freaks who hide their bigotry behind a God.

Love without sex is possible for gay and straight couples. If my Dh lost his ability to have sex, I would love him still the same, there is more than sex to love.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• So, according to your god, it's not a sin to be gay, just to express that feeling in a sexual way?

Same sex attractions are not necessarily a sin, unless you entertain them and allow lust to fill your mind. It is the same with heterosexual people. It is not a sin to be attracted to people you are not married to, but it is a sin to fornicate and have lustful thoughts.

But it's okay to deny those people happiness, love, basic human rights, treat them worse than dogs, judge them for soemthing they can't help and tell them are going to hell?

No, it is not okay for Christians to deny those people happiness, love, basic human rights, and treat them worse than dogs. It is not okay to judge them.

But some gay people want to become Christian, they have the choice to go to whichever church they like

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Everyone should have the right to love and express their love to Man or Women.
    I would love for this world to be equal for ALL.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009