How do I keep my house clean when I have a 2 year old around?

I have ocd really bad.. I freak out if my house is a mess.

single_mama09

Asked by single_mama09 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Better get used to it. My son is 3 and my DD is 13 months. I'm pretty sure the house will never really be clean again until they're about 10.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 2:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Sorry but it wont happen unless you wear yourself down to keep it clean, relax mom, there is other things you could do, go talk to someone about your OCD, my friend is the same way so I do understand your issues, they do make meds to help.

Rylee, hate to tell ya but at 10 they just make a bigger mess LOL, my 3 are 16, 9, and 7 and they can still tear up a house in less than 10 minutes LOL. Its just a different kind of mess. But still not as bad as all the toys from when they were younger.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• you must come to a realization (sp) that my mother beat into my brain lol... There is a difference between a 'cluttered' house and a 'dirty' house. If you CLEAN and maintain its fine. Then during nap time pick up ALL the toys & enjoy knowing it is nice, clean, and orderly (for at least the next hour or so lol) I get up before my son does and wipe down the kitchen & bathroom, pick up toys during nap time, sweep and mop at night, & do dishes as soon as they hit the sink. Its a constant thing but it makes me feel better lol. GL
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My sister is the same way and I explained to her that you have to let your kids play,at that age they are going to make messes and drag out toys. Try to make a play area in the front room as well as your child's room and try not to freak out try playing with your baby when he/she is playing! At tow it is a great age to start teaching them when they are done playing in their room or play area to clean up and put their toys back where they belong. I have a 2 year old and we sing a clean up song! Good luck and everything will be ok! Just try really hard to not get upset and like I said let your child help clean up it helps you and helps them learn responsibility!  

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i limit the amount of space they ahve to make a mess... we have a play room and all toys stay there... we spend a lot of time there!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009