• In the Spotlight:

Do you want to save AMERICAN Jobs?

How many times have you called customer service and spoken with someone you can hardly understand. They can't really speak English and it sounds as if they are reading from a script. You do not have to deal with this, next time this happens to you DEMAND to speak with an AMERCIAN. Tell the overseas rep that you want to speak with a customer serivce representative in AMERCIA....this is the MAGIC phrase, once you request this the overseas operator has to transfer you to a customer service rep. in AMERICA.
If enough people do this and pass the word on we can make a difference, we can not allow these big companies to take away our right to be helped by someone here in the US.
So will you do this? Will you help save and maybe even oneday create a job for an AMERICAN?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maby AMERICANS dont WANT that job because they think they are too good or maby they are just lazy??
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 2:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'm a lazy American who doesn't want a job!!
    Anonymous

• I want to save all jobs. I do understand the frustration of the overseas market. I am trying to look at it this way, children in India are now eating. Children in the US are NOT starving because of it.
    Anonymous

• I know lots of unemployed people who would work as a customer service rep. And I don't have anything to put on the dinner table tonight because my husbands job was eliminated, UC doesn't come til wed, and we have 4 slices of bread left. And 3 cans of soup. There are 6 of us. I'd gladly answer their phones if they would hire me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i hate that! i always tell them to put an american on. and children in america are starving maybe not because of those exact jobs but why cant we help out our own country before someone else??? our people are suffering help ours, and its not just csr jobs either, my father worked at a cement plant for years made good money and one day was told the company was moving out of country he lost his job and now works in a lumber yard makes no where near as much money and its tough for him to keep afloat he does it but barely does it its not just csr jobs, someone needs to do something to help save all of our jobs for americans! we built this country and now we cant even work here and cant support our family cause its cheaper to run a business out of this country??? bull. and our starving children and families need help as well why the hell are we rushing off to save other countries when we cant even save our own? its ashame.
    Anonymous

• First, I am an American that wants a job. Second, this is a dumb question, no let the jobs keep going overseas so there are MORE unemployed Americans looking for jobs. You can thank BUSH for all our jobs going overseas, he gave companies big tax breaks for going overseas.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• why the hell are we rushing off to save other countries when we cant even save our own? its ashame.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't give 2 shits who the president is, we have been sticking our nose where it doesn't belong since before Vietnam, and there are starving children and families here, homeless people here, diseases here... No country is rushing to help us adopt out the thousands of children in our foster system, so why do we always feel the need to help all the children everywhere else? These countries survived thousands of years before we started "helping" its time we let them fend for themselves again. They'll make it, people have an innate need to survive, they always pull through in hardships. They made it before our country even existed, they'll do it again.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Chukuku, the vast majority of call centers have been outsourced overseas because the costs are so much lower...the hourly minimum wage in the US can be a daily or sometimes even a WEEKLY wage in some countries.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009