Family friendly audio book to listen to while driving to Utah?

We are heading to Utah in a few weeks, and its 14 hrs away. We have a dvd player for the boys, but I was wanting something my husband and I could listen to on the way. Something touching, inspiring, funny, sermons...anything like that (FAMILY FRIENDLY and/or christian based) would be great! I love to read, but can't in the car...makes me sick! Thanks!!

jeana

Asked by jeana at 2:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• My husband and I are completely different when it comes to books so we generally pick audio books that are movies that we've both enjoyed. We've listened to Leminy (sp?) Snickett's Series of Unfortunate Events. The movie is the first three books. We listened to books 1 through 5 or 6. We've also listened to Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens and the Harry Potter series. Go to the library and check out the kid's section of audio books. All the good classic kid's books are great for both kids and adults - Where the Red Fern Grows (although that is sad) etc. and are generally easy listening for car trips.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• thank you, i will do that. i love where the red fern grows and forgot about it!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 2:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• So funny!!! we are leaving Wednesday to drive to Utah! (it is 19 hours for us) If you are looking for something that isnt too expensive, (depending on where you live) the half price books store is great. they have audio books and christian audio teachings. ( I personally love Joyce Meyer) They also have a really great kids sections... of course the merchandise varies from store to store since it is all used items, but most times you can find alot of great stuff. Safe travels to you and your family!!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 12:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• check your local library.

Mine rents (CHEAP - I think it's $1/week) or loans audio books....
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2009