For the woman with 27 day cycles!?

This question is for the women who have 27 day cycles. What cycle day do you usually ovulate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I've been on a 27 day cycle for years and was pretty consistent on ovulating 13-15 days before my next period started.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well, the general answer to that is the same for everyone....14 days (approximately) BEFORE your period starts. That is why it is hard to predict ovulation....it isn't counted from AFTER anything, it is counted from before. You ovulate and then 14 days later you get your period. That is true no matter how long your cycle is, it is the other half of the cycle that varies in length.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Its not the same for everyone. The luteal phase normally stays the same, but not necessarily 14 days. Mine was anywhere between 10-13 days after O that AF would come. And I would normally O on CD16 or 17. So, my cycle was between 25-27 days depending on the month. And if you chart, once you get used to it its not that hard to predict O time!!!! I know this because I tried for 3 years to get KU with my exH. And last month I knew the exact day I Od, June 8th!!! Once you get to know your body you will be clued in and know when things are happening!!!!
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009