why isnt she babbling yet?

she is seven months old and she does say anything! she laughs and smiles (and cries!!!) but she doesnt babble at all! no mama baba gaga dadda, Nothing!!! When do babies usually start that? shouldnt she be doing it by now?

Rebekahs_Mommy

Asked by Rebekahs_Mommy at 2:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All kids are different. Some focus on development in one area, which puts them behind in others. My daughter's gross and fine motor skills were months ahead of where they should've been, but she was behind on her verbal skills. Slowly but surely she's been catching up. She's now 2 and a half years old and starting to talk non-stop.
    Anonymous

• Do you work with her all of the time? All 4 of my girls started about 2 to 3 mo I mean all babies are different but if you are working with her consistently than you might want to talk to her Doctor! Usually when I took my babies to the doctor at that age they would ask me questions about their development and gave me papers on what they were suppost to be doing at their age. Everything is most likely ok but I would definitely inform her Doctor!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My son started doing that between 3 and 4 months, I wouldn't worry until the doc tells you that something is wrong. every child is different and they all do things in their own time. I would try working with her and stuff
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 4:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• my baby started at the end of 6 months she started saying dad got a tooth and started crawling sitting up and pullinh herself up all in the same week!! dont worry she will catch u off guard soon :)
    mjbeyor

Answer by mjbeyor at 9:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• my little guy didn't babble until 11 months
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2009