Implanon vs Mirena

i was looking up birth control methods that are more convientent than the pill but not permanent. I knew about the mirena iud, and had heard a little about the implanon implant that goes in the upper are. Do you know anything about either method. Which would you want? And does anyone know how much they cost without insurance. It would be all customer pay. i'm going to put in pregnancy because i think it is a more popular category that the health section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a Mirena, it was inserted in about 10 minutes at a normal doc appointment. I'm sorry I don't know about cost. I do know it didn't hurt and it made my periods go away. I LOVED it! Check into it at the health department or something sisilar in your area. Our local clinic does them at a discount.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009