When did you start having fake contractions?

I'm about 31wks along. About a week or more ago I started feeling pressure and light contractions. I watched the clock and a couple were about 5 minutes apart and then they stopped. For the past couple days I've also felt period type cramping. I"ve lost a pound in a month and only gained about 8lbs since my first doc appt. I also had a seizure last week in the office. Most of the docs around here see so much that they blow a lot of health issues off and I know people who have unhealthy babies or lost them in the process, so I like to double check.

Just wondering if it's normal to get the braxton hicks contractions this early or if it's usually later in the pregnancy. When did you start having them?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• here is one for you baby no contraction to me is a fake one cause they all hurt or make u feel weird but it all depends when the braxton hicks start because ur body is preparing itself. if you dr is not concerend about ur seizures then there is something wrong with him..... i can only say pray and just try to relax as much as possible because your so close and you cant change ob's its too late but just hang in there.....congrats
    laydlexius

Answer by laydlexius at 12:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• braxton hicks started at 16 weeks for me
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Braxton-Hicks contractions are normal throughout the whole pregnancy. They're usually not felt until about 20 weeks or later, but they're there. Having gone about 30 weeks without feeling any is lucky for you, but not early at all. Just be sure to keep an eye on them and call the doctor if they're regular or get stronger or if you have more than 6-8 in an hour (the exact number varies by doctor, so ask your doctor about when to call based on how many you have).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Thanks!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009