Hubby wants a 8th tv set-help?

We have five working tv sets and two disconnected ones. Four of them are fairly new- one he got us for xmas this past year. One he got us for xmas four years ago. The problem is his sister got a new tv set and wants to give us her old one. I told him I do not want anymore tv sets in our house. His sister wont let it go and at a family picinic a few weeks ago asked him again when are you coming to get the tv? I heard her say to him because I was in the next room( not ease dropping- she has a big mouth) she said if you get it what is she going to do take it out its too heavy? So he must have told her I did not want it. So anyway I thought this was settled until Sunday- his Mom called and asked when he was picking up that tv. We had a big urguement- cause its like he doesnt value my opinion and he cant say no ever to his family. I really do not want another tv. Shouldnt he say no sometimes to family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I wrote this question- I would be happy with 3 tv sets total in the house- my hubby must be addicted to tv- he watches too much and tapes shows every day.
    Anonymous

• Wow, no one needs that many TVs. We have two in our house, and only one works.
    Anonymous

• Just because he goes and gets it does not mean he has to bring it home. Tell him to bring it to a good will or a pawn shop and sell it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• 8 TVS! Geeeez we only have three in our house one in the living room in our room and the kids room and that one isnt even hooked up to cable its only used if they want to watch a movie or something, thats ridiculous he needs to get rid of a couple of those tvs
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would smash the vaccum into it if he wont listen to reason- accidentally like a year from now- so they think it was an accident.
    Anonymous

• I like Anon :28's attitude.. :) Forget the TVs though, I agree with you. He clearly is not respecting your opinion. What you can do, since you live in that house too. When he brings home his sister's TV, you can get rid of the 2 that aren't working. Period. If they're broken, throw them out. They don't need to be there. That may solve the TV problem. But then you need to work on the problem of him not saying no to his family and how to respect your wishes. Good Luck :)
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 3:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Why would anyone NEED that many tv's? Unless you have a gaggle of children, and they argue about what to watch.

We are a family of 4 and have 4 tv's. Two tv's hooked up to cable and two that we just watch movies on occasionally. We have the big tv in the living room, one little one in the playroom that the kids watch noggin or movies on, one in the kitchen that DH watches movies on when he cooks or cleans the kitchen and one in our room that we occasionally watch movies on before bed.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• no it's not that he's addicted to tv's. It sounds more like he's not got the balls to let his family down. Sis probably just needs to remove the tv and too lazy to hire folks to haul it off. She should call the Goodwill and leave her brother alone. Tell him to quit allowing those ppl to take advantage of his kindness (cleaning their house of unwanted items and lifting heavy furniture). Call Goodwill or Salvation Army for the lazy sister and set up a time for them to pick it up. Some ppl just don't know how to get rid of things. She can also give it away at www.freecycle.org to someone who doesn't have a tv and would appreciate one.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes he should say no to family, if he wants to. But if he wants the tv what is the big deal? You want him to value your opinion but shouldn't you value his as well?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• chrissy629- are you serious-no body has that many tv sets unless you live in a mansion-he should value her view point sounds like he is scared to say no to his family and needs to appreciate his new family more -like his wifes feelings.
    Anonymous